`Jundal`s voice samples match with terror tapes`
Mumbai: In a crucial evidence in Mumbai 26/11 terror attack case, the voice samples of arrested LeT operative Sayed Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal have matched with ones on the terror tapes intercepted during the strike.
"City`s Forensic Sciences Laboratory (FSL), where Jundal`s voice samples were sent to match, has submitted a report to Mumbai police crime branch concluding that one of the voices in the 26/11 intercepts was his," a crime branch official said on Monday.
Jundal, the alleged prime conspirator of the 26/11 carnage, was arrested on July 21 this year in the case after being brought from Delhi, where he had been deported from Saudi Arabia in June.
According to police, Jundal was present in the control room in Pakistan along with five other Pakistani LeT operatives, who were dictating terms to the ten terrorists during the attacks.
Police claimed that one of the voices in the conversations intercepted by intelligence agencies during the attack was of Jundal, who was heard using Hindi words like "prashasan" (government), "udharan" (example) and "yuvak" (youth).
He was also heard telling the terrorists to hide their identity and identify themselves from the Deccan Mujahideen, hailing from Toli Chowk in Hyderabad.
Jundal had also told the Lashkar ultras attacking Nariman House to convey to the media that the strike was just a trailer - "asal film baaki hai" (the main film is yet to come), police said.
Jundal had also taught the attackers Hindi, and apprised them of the topography of targets, police said.
According to police, Jundal, a native of Beed district in Maharashtra fled India in 2006 following the Aurangabad arms bust by state ATS in May, the same year.
Jundal had been brought face to face with Mohammed Ajmal Kasab, who was caught alive during the attack, in August this year at high security Arthur Road jail.
asab identified Jundal as one of the main conspirators of the mayhem.
Kasab had been hanged to death in November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks