Junior Engineer arrested for accepting bribe
Jaipur: A Junior Engineer of Jaipur Development Authority was today arrested for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 12,000, police said.
Sheena Gupta, Junior Engineer posted in Zone 6 of JDA, had demanded the bribe of Rs 17,000 from Gaurav Mittal, the complainant, for land-title transfer and giving site visit report, Anti-Corruption Bureau sources said.
She allegedly took Rs 5,000 on June 7 in advance and visited the site in Murlipura locality where she was arrested by the ACB team on Saturday morning.
The engineer has been placed under arrest, the sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case