Junior Engineer arrested for accepting bribe
Jaipur: A Junior Engineer of Jaipur Development Authority was today arrested for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 12,000, police said.
Sheena Gupta, Junior Engineer posted in Zone 6 of JDA, had demanded the bribe of Rs 17,000 from Gaurav Mittal, the complainant, for land-title transfer and giving site visit report, Anti-Corruption Bureau sources said.
She allegedly took Rs 5,000 on June 7 in advance and visited the site in Murlipura locality where she was arrested by the ACB team on Saturday morning.
The engineer has been placed under arrest, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends