Justice done: Chavan on Afzal Guru`s hanging
Mumbai: Welcoming the hanging of Afzal Guru, Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Saturday said "justice has been done" to the security personnel who laid down their lives during the terrorist attack on the Parliament in December 2001.
With Guru`s execution, India had sent out a strong message that it would never bow before terrorism, he said.
"I have seen the attack on Parliament very closely. Justice has been done to the security personnel who laid down their lives, and to their family members," Chavan said in a statement here.
Mumbai terror attack convict Ajmal Kasab was hanged after completion of judicial procedure, and Guru was also given a chance to defend himself through judiciary before he was hanged, he said.
"After completion of judicial procedure, the death penalty was executed. This has made the Indian judiciary proud across the world, and also sent a strong message to the terrorists," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev