Justice done: Chavan on Afzal Guru`s hanging
Mumbai: Welcoming the hanging of Afzal Guru, Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Saturday said "justice has been done" to the security personnel who laid down their lives during the terrorist attack on the Parliament in December 2001.
With Guru`s execution, India had sent out a strong message that it would never bow before terrorism, he said.
"I have seen the attack on Parliament very closely. Justice has been done to the security personnel who laid down their lives, and to their family members," Chavan said in a statement here.
Mumbai terror attack convict Ajmal Kasab was hanged after completion of judicial procedure, and Guru was also given a chance to defend himself through judiciary before he was hanged, he said.
"After completion of judicial procedure, the death penalty was executed. This has made the Indian judiciary proud across the world, and also sent a strong message to the terrorists," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui