Justice done: Chavan on Afzal Guru`s hanging
Mumbai: Welcoming the hanging of Afzal Guru, Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Saturday said "justice has been done" to the security personnel who laid down their lives during the terrorist attack on the Parliament in December 2001.
With Guru`s execution, India had sent out a strong message that it would never bow before terrorism, he said.
"I have seen the attack on Parliament very closely. Justice has been done to the security personnel who laid down their lives, and to their family members," Chavan said in a statement here.
Mumbai terror attack convict Ajmal Kasab was hanged after completion of judicial procedure, and Guru was also given a chance to defend himself through judiciary before he was hanged, he said.
"After completion of judicial procedure, the death penalty was executed. This has made the Indian judiciary proud across the world, and also sent a strong message to the terrorists," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!