Justice done: Chavan on Afzal Guru`s hanging
Mumbai: Welcoming the hanging of Afzal Guru, Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Saturday said "justice has been done" to the security personnel who laid down their lives during the terrorist attack on the Parliament in December 2001.
With Guru`s execution, India had sent out a strong message that it would never bow before terrorism, he said.
"I have seen the attack on Parliament very closely. Justice has been done to the security personnel who laid down their lives, and to their family members," Chavan said in a statement here.
Mumbai terror attack convict Ajmal Kasab was hanged after completion of judicial procedure, and Guru was also given a chance to defend himself through judiciary before he was hanged, he said.
"After completion of judicial procedure, the death penalty was executed. This has made the Indian judiciary proud across the world, and also sent a strong message to the terrorists," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi