Justice done: Chavan on Afzal Guru`s hanging
Mumbai: Welcoming the hanging of Afzal Guru, Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Saturday said "justice has been done" to the security personnel who laid down their lives during the terrorist attack on the Parliament in December 2001.
With Guru`s execution, India had sent out a strong message that it would never bow before terrorism, he said.
"I have seen the attack on Parliament very closely. Justice has been done to the security personnel who laid down their lives, and to their family members," Chavan said in a statement here.
Mumbai terror attack convict Ajmal Kasab was hanged after completion of judicial procedure, and Guru was also given a chance to defend himself through judiciary before he was hanged, he said.
"After completion of judicial procedure, the death penalty was executed. This has made the Indian judiciary proud across the world, and also sent a strong message to the terrorists," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Sleep apnea patients at glaucoma risk
- Unbelievable! Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' shatters Box Office, earns Rs 250 crore in India on Day 1?
- Audience don't judge stars with box office numbers: John Abraham
- 'Madaari' is outstanding, says Deepika Padukone
- Three Taliban commanders arrested in Afghanistan's Samangan province