Justice Nagappan, Justice SK Singh sworn in as SC judges
New Delhi: Justice C Nagappan and Justice Shiva Kirti Singh were on Thursday sworn in as judges of the Supreme Court.
They were administered the oath of office by Chief Justice P Sathasivam.
With their appointment, the strength of the apex court judges has gone up to 30. It is still one short of its sanctioned strength of 31.
Before being elevated to the apex court, Justice Nagappan was the chief justice of the Orissa High Court and Justice Shiva Kirti Singh was the chief justice of the Allahabad High Court.
Justice Nagappan hails from Tamil Nadu and Justice Shiva Kirti Singh is from Bihar.
With Justice Nagappan taking oath on Thursday, the number of judges from Tamil Nadu has gone up to three -- including Chief Justice P Sathasivam and Justice Fakir Mohamed Ibrahim Kalifulla.
With Justice Shiva Kirti Singh joining, the number of apex court judges from Bihar has gone up to three. The other two are Justice CK Prasad and Justice Gyan Sudha Misra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`