Justice Nagappan, Justice SK Singh sworn in as SC judges
New Delhi: Justice C Nagappan and Justice Shiva Kirti Singh were on Thursday sworn in as judges of the Supreme Court.
They were administered the oath of office by Chief Justice P Sathasivam.
With their appointment, the strength of the apex court judges has gone up to 30. It is still one short of its sanctioned strength of 31.
Before being elevated to the apex court, Justice Nagappan was the chief justice of the Orissa High Court and Justice Shiva Kirti Singh was the chief justice of the Allahabad High Court.
Justice Nagappan hails from Tamil Nadu and Justice Shiva Kirti Singh is from Bihar.
With Justice Nagappan taking oath on Thursday, the number of judges from Tamil Nadu has gone up to three -- including Chief Justice P Sathasivam and Justice Fakir Mohamed Ibrahim Kalifulla.
With Justice Shiva Kirti Singh joining, the number of apex court judges from Bihar has gone up to three. The other two are Justice CK Prasad and Justice Gyan Sudha Misra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement