Justice prevails at last, says Ujjwala Sharma
New Delhi: With the Delhi High Court
ordering veteran Congressman N D Tiwari to undergo DNA test in
a paternity suit, the mother of the youth, who claims to be
the leader`s biological son, today said that "justice has
"It is a positive relief. I think, it is in the
interest of justice. The truth has at last prevailed," Ujjwala
Sharma said reacting to the High Court order.
Her son Rohit Shekhar, who filed the paternity suit
three years ago, said that people holding powerful positions
should not be allowed to indulge in immoral acts.
"The larger picture is that I filed this case so that
any such person who is in a position of power should not be
able to do such a thing to any woman or any child and if any
person commits such disgraceful things, they must face its
"I think it is a beautiful example being set by the
legal system," Rohit said.
The Delhi High Court today ordered Tiwari, 85, to
undergo the DNA test on the paternity suit filed by Shekhar
claiming that he was the biological son of Tiwari.
The court passed the order dismissing Tiwari`s
contention that he cannot be forced to undergo DNA test.
Tiwari, a former chief minister of Uttar Pradesh and
later Uttarakhand, had claimed that he never had any physical
relationship with Ujjwala, also a Congress activist.
Tiwari has resigned last year as Andhra Pradesh
Governor citing health reasons just hours after TV channels
aired a video purportedly showing him with three women in a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Harmanpreet Kaur Bhullar becomes first India Women's cricketer to be signed by overseas T20 team
- Indian politicians funded Hillary Clinton for Indo-US civil nuclear deal: Donald Trump
- In two years Tripura-Assam border with Bangladesh to be totally sealed: Secretary BM
- PM Modi to launch Smart City projects in Pune today
- 'Mirzya': Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra thanks Salman Khan, sends best wishes for 'Sultan'