Justice Raveendran to be next NBSA chairperson
New Delhi: Justice RV Raveendran, a former Supreme Court judge, will head the News Broadcasting Standards Authority (NBSA) as its chairperson.
NBSA is an independent and self-regulatory body set up by the News Broadcasters Association (NBA) and has leading TV news channels as its members.
"Justice RV Raveendran, former Judge of Supreme Court has graciously accepted the invitation of the News Broadcasters Association to be the chairperson of the News Broadcasting Standards Authority (NBSA)," a statement released by the NBA said.
Before Raveendran, former Chief Justice of India Justice JS Verma headed the NBSA.
Verma passed away last month in Gurgaon due to multiple organ failure.
Raveendran had retired from the Supreme Court as a senior judge in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!