Justice Raveendran to be next NBSA chairperson
New Delhi: Justice RV Raveendran, a former Supreme Court judge, will head the News Broadcasting Standards Authority (NBSA) as its chairperson.
NBSA is an independent and self-regulatory body set up by the News Broadcasters Association (NBA) and has leading TV news channels as its members.
"Justice RV Raveendran, former Judge of Supreme Court has graciously accepted the invitation of the News Broadcasters Association to be the chairperson of the News Broadcasting Standards Authority (NBSA)," a statement released by the NBA said.
Before Raveendran, former Chief Justice of India Justice JS Verma headed the NBSA.
Verma passed away last month in Gurgaon due to multiple organ failure.
Raveendran had retired from the Supreme Court as a senior judge in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family