Justice Raveendran to be next NBSA chairperson
New Delhi: Justice RV Raveendran, a former Supreme Court judge, will head the News Broadcasting Standards Authority (NBSA) as its chairperson.
NBSA is an independent and self-regulatory body set up by the News Broadcasters Association (NBA) and has leading TV news channels as its members.
"Justice RV Raveendran, former Judge of Supreme Court has graciously accepted the invitation of the News Broadcasters Association to be the chairperson of the News Broadcasting Standards Authority (NBSA)," a statement released by the NBA said.
Before Raveendran, former Chief Justice of India Justice JS Verma headed the NBSA.
Verma passed away last month in Gurgaon due to multiple organ failure.
Raveendran had retired from the Supreme Court as a senior judge in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India