Justice Sathasivam sworn in as Chief Justice of India
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Friday administered the oath of office to Justice P Sathasivam as the Chief Justice of India (CJI).
Justice Sathasivam, 64, is the 40th CJI and the first from Tamil Nadu. He will remain in office till April 26, 2014. He succeeded CJI Altamas Kabir, whose last day in office was on Thursday.
The oath taking ceremony was attended by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and other dignitaries at Rashtrapati Bhavan here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional