Justice Shah appointed new Law Commission chairman
New Delhi: Former Delhi High Court Chief Justice Ajit Prakash Shah has been appointed as the new chairman of the 20th Law Commission of India.
Justice Shah succeeds Justice DK Jain who resigned last month to take over as the President of National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission.
A lawyer from Solapur, Maharashtra, Justice Shah has also served in the Bombay High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Watch this video! Your stomach will churn as man puts 2 live vampire bats in mouth
- WATCH: On this day in 1983, Kapil Dev's India were crowned world champion
- `Narasimha Rao used IB to keep an eye on Sonia Gandhi after Babri Masjid demolition`
- Iceland elects new president in vote eclipsed by Euros, Brexit
- We don't need people like Mukhtar Ansari in party: Akhilesh Yadav