Justice Shah appointed new Law Commission chairman
New Delhi: Former Delhi High Court Chief Justice Ajit Prakash Shah has been appointed as the new chairman of the 20th Law Commission of India.
Justice Shah succeeds Justice DK Jain who resigned last month to take over as the President of National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission.
A lawyer from Solapur, Maharashtra, Justice Shah has also served in the Bombay High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days