Justice shall be guiding principle of country: Sibal
Patna: Any country or rule which does not have justice as the guiding principle cannot prosper, Union Minister Kapil Sibal said on Saturday.
Addressing a convention here, the minister recollected that the day he entered politics he had made up his mind that his decisions would be guided by humanity.
While addressing the convention on Maulana Azad`s vision for minorities, Sibal stressed on education for minorities so that they could avail employment opportunities.
He said that drawing inspiration from Maulana Azad he implemented the vocational course as Union Human Resources Development minister in the UPA I government and also linked Urdu language with employment.
Participating in the conference, Union minister for Minorities Affair Rahman Khan said that the UPA government has great concern for their welfare.
"15 per cent of resources in the government`s 15-point programme are reserved for minority Muslims," Khan said.
As part of multi-sectoral development programme for minorities, seven districts of Bihar have been selected and Rs 560 crore fund alloted, he said.
On the opening of a branch of Aligarh Muslim University in Kisanganj, he said the Centre has approved it and it would come up there soon.
JD(U) MP Shivanand Tiwari, RJD MLC Tanvir Hassan and Maulana Wali Rahmani also addressed the conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla