Justice will prevail one day: Aarushi`s parents
New Delhi: Stating that they would not rest till the real killers of their daughter Aarushi were caught, Rajesh and Nupur Talwar said Thursday they were "deeply disappointed" with the Supreme Court for rejecting their review plea but accepted the order with humility.
"We will defend our honour and that of our only child, Aarushi, vigorously in court and we will not rest till all our innocence is proved, our honour vindicated and the real killers are apprehended and brought to trial," the Talwars said in a statement after the Supreme Court rejected their petition seeking review of the earlier order that they be tried for the murder of Aarushi and their domestic help Hemraj
"We are deeply disappointed at the dismissal of our review petition by the Supreme court, but we accept it with humility. We believe justice will one day prevail," the couple said.
The Supreme Court has also turned down the plea for further investigation in the case.
While Nupur Talwar is at the Dasna jail in Ghaziabad, her husband, also a dentist, is out on bail.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents` Noida residence May 16, 2008. The body of her domestic help Hemraj was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
A Central Bureau of Investigation court has charged the Talwars under sections 302/34 (murder with common intention) and 201 (destruction of evidence with common intention) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC). In addition to these, the court charged Rajesh Talwar under section 203 (giving false information respecting an offence committed) of IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical