Justice will prevail one day: Aarushi`s parents
New Delhi: Stating that they would not rest till the real killers of their daughter Aarushi were caught, Rajesh and Nupur Talwar said Thursday they were "deeply disappointed" with the Supreme Court for rejecting their review plea but accepted the order with humility.
"We will defend our honour and that of our only child, Aarushi, vigorously in court and we will not rest till all our innocence is proved, our honour vindicated and the real killers are apprehended and brought to trial," the Talwars said in a statement after the Supreme Court rejected their petition seeking review of the earlier order that they be tried for the murder of Aarushi and their domestic help Hemraj
"We are deeply disappointed at the dismissal of our review petition by the Supreme court, but we accept it with humility. We believe justice will one day prevail," the couple said.
The Supreme Court has also turned down the plea for further investigation in the case.
While Nupur Talwar is at the Dasna jail in Ghaziabad, her husband, also a dentist, is out on bail.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents` Noida residence May 16, 2008. The body of her domestic help Hemraj was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
A Central Bureau of Investigation court has charged the Talwars under sections 302/34 (murder with common intention) and 201 (destruction of evidence with common intention) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC). In addition to these, the court charged Rajesh Talwar under section 203 (giving false information respecting an offence committed) of IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla