Jyoti Basu` s condition worsens, on dialysis
Kolkata: CPI-M patriarch Jyoti Basu was
put on haemo-dialysis today after further deterioration in his
cardiac and renal functions, doctors attending on him said.
"The cardiovascular system has further deteriorated.
His cardiac and renal functions have undergone further
deterioration and he has been put on haemo-dialysis since 6.30
pm," a medical bulletin quoted D N Agarwal, executive director
of AMRI Hospital, where Basu was admitted on January one with
pneumonia, as saying.
"After monitoring the haemo-dialysis for four hours to
clear accumulated toxins in the blood, the doctors will be in
a position to say whether he is able to accept it," he said.
Haemo-dialysis is done to remove waste products from
the blood by passing it out of the body, through a filtering
system (dialyser), and returning it to the body.
According to Agarwal, the 95-year-old leader`s
condition was very critical and his oxygen requirement has
further increased on ventilator support.
He was also requiring increased dose of blood pressure
stabilising Ionotrops, he said.
Earlier, AMRI Hospital doctor Susruth Banerjee and
Basu`s personal physician A K Maity, both of whom are on the
medical board treating the former chief minister, said he was
heading for multi-organ failure.
There was a also large mobilisation of police near the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you