Jyotiraditya asks MP Congmen to sink differences
Bhopal: Union Minister and Congress Jyotiraditya Scindia has asked partymen in Madhya Pradesh to sink their differences in order to take on ruling BJP in assembly elections due next year.
Calling for unity in faction-ridden state unit of Congress, Scindia said though groupism is prevalent in all political parties, it is essential for the party leaders to sink their differences and "lock their personal ambitions in a room while taking on the BJP with full might".
Equations among divided groups in PCC seem to be changing as Scindia had recently gone to the residence of party general secretary Digvijay Singh to meet the latter`s confidant Mahesh Joshi.
"Scindia wanted to personally thank him (Joshi) for his unconditional support in the Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association elections but it could be the beginning of a new political equation convenient to both of them," Congress sources told PTI.
Joshi is known to be against the current leadership in the state party unit and had lobbied hard with Congress central leadership to replace PCC President Kantilal Bhuria, they said.
Bhuria is a prominent tribal face of the party in the state.
On the issue of chief ministerial candidate of the party in the state, Scindia had yesterday followed the traditional Congress line that the party high command and the MLAs take a decision on such matters while earlier he had said that Bhuria would become the chief minister of the state in 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof