Jyotiraditya asks MP Congmen to sink differences
Bhopal: Union Minister and Congress Jyotiraditya Scindia has asked partymen in Madhya Pradesh to sink their differences in order to take on ruling BJP in assembly elections due next year.
Calling for unity in faction-ridden state unit of Congress, Scindia said though groupism is prevalent in all political parties, it is essential for the party leaders to sink their differences and "lock their personal ambitions in a room while taking on the BJP with full might".
Equations among divided groups in PCC seem to be changing as Scindia had recently gone to the residence of party general secretary Digvijay Singh to meet the latter`s confidant Mahesh Joshi.
"Scindia wanted to personally thank him (Joshi) for his unconditional support in the Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association elections but it could be the beginning of a new political equation convenient to both of them," Congress sources told PTI.
Joshi is known to be against the current leadership in the state party unit and had lobbied hard with Congress central leadership to replace PCC President Kantilal Bhuria, they said.
Bhuria is a prominent tribal face of the party in the state.
On the issue of chief ministerial candidate of the party in the state, Scindia had yesterday followed the traditional Congress line that the party high command and the MLAs take a decision on such matters while earlier he had said that Bhuria would become the chief minister of the state in 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Coal scam: Rathi Steel, 3 officials convicted; quantum of sentence to be declared today
- Alarm bells for Nawaz Sharif! Huge protests rock PoK, locals allege ISI rigged polls in favour of PML(N)
- Chill guys! There's still time for Deepika Padukone, Fawad Khan film
- Rio Olympics 2016: Narsingh Yadav's fate hangs in balance as NADA takes final decision today
- Kejriwal, Mamata to attend Mother Teresa's canonization in Rome on Sept 4