K Chandramouli is new Health Secretary
New Delhi: K Chandramouli on Wednesday took over as the Secretary in the Health and Family Welfare Ministry.
A 1975 batch Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer from Uttar Pradesh cadre, Chandramouli succeeds K Sujatha Rao, who retired Tuesday.
He was working as Secretary and Director General of National AIDS Control Organisation before his appointment and will continue in that position too.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years