K Chandramouli is new Health Secretary
New Delhi: K Chandramouli on Wednesday took over as the Secretary in the Health and Family Welfare Ministry.
A 1975 batch Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer from Uttar Pradesh cadre, Chandramouli succeeds K Sujatha Rao, who retired Tuesday.
He was working as Secretary and Director General of National AIDS Control Organisation before his appointment and will continue in that position too.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love