K T S Tulsi to represent CBI in Sohrabuddin case
New Delhi: Senior advocate K T S Tulsi will
appear for the CBI in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter
case, in which former Gujarat Minister Amit Shah is an accused
and is being represented by eminent lawyer Ram Jethmalani.
An additional solicitor general would also appear on
behalf of the Central investigating agency for which a
notification will be issued shortly, official sources said.
Jethmalani recently became a member of the Rajya Sabha
from Rajasthan on a ticket given by BJP. His candidature was
reportedly backed by Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
BJP has accused the Central government of `misusing` the
CBI in the Sohrabuddin case, a charge denied by Prime Minister
Shah, former Gujarat Minister of State for Home, was
arrested Sunday by the CBI on charges of murder and under
other sections of the IPC in connection with the 2005 fake
encounter case. He is currently lodged in Sabarmati Central
Jail in Ahmedabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice