K T S Tulsi to represent CBI in Sohrabuddin case
New Delhi: Senior advocate K T S Tulsi will
appear for the CBI in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter
case, in which former Gujarat Minister Amit Shah is an accused
and is being represented by eminent lawyer Ram Jethmalani.
An additional solicitor general would also appear on
behalf of the Central investigating agency for which a
notification will be issued shortly, official sources said.
Jethmalani recently became a member of the Rajya Sabha
from Rajasthan on a ticket given by BJP. His candidature was
reportedly backed by Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
BJP has accused the Central government of `misusing` the
CBI in the Sohrabuddin case, a charge denied by Prime Minister
Shah, former Gujarat Minister of State for Home, was
arrested Sunday by the CBI on charges of murder and under
other sections of the IPC in connection with the 2005 fake
encounter case. He is currently lodged in Sabarmati Central
Jail in Ahmedabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days