Kailash Mansarovar yatra to begin in June
Dehradun: Kailash Mansarovar Yatra, which passes through some border districts of Uttarakhand, is slated to begin this year on June 8, ITBP sources said on Monday.
The annual pilgrimage will begin on June 8 and go on till September 9, they said.
Devotees who want to undertake the annual pilgrimage will have to undergo medical test at ITBP`s base hospital in Delhi before they are allowed to embark on the journey, they said.
The yatra, which was suspended last year in the wake of the catastrophic flashfloods in Uttarakhand in June, passes through Almora and Pithoragarh districts close to Indo-Nepal border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Had I stayed with AB de Villiers a little longer, it would have been different: Virat Kohli
- IPL 2016: Individual awards for outstanding players
- IPL 2016 final: It was a total team effort, says SRH's captain David Warner
- MNS to file FIR against AIB comedian Tanmay Bhat’s video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar today
- Islamic State selling sex slaves on Facebook for $8,000