Kailash Mansarovar yatra to begin on June 8
Dehradun: The annual `Kailash Mansarovra Yatra` will begin on June 08 after the medical examination of the travellers in Delhi, officials said on Monday.
The journey will begin with the gathering of certified travellers. They will be examined at the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) base hospital in the national capital and move to Uttarakhand on June 12.
The travellers will pay their fees and complete other formalities during their stay in Delhi.
The Ministry of External Affairs has cleared 18 groups of 60 members each for the journey. The groups will first reach Kathgodam town, then proceed to Almora town in Uttarakhand.
Their medical tests would again be conducted at Gunji village in Uttarakhand, ITBP officials told a news agency. The ITBP 7th battalion has been assigned the task of conducting the trip.
A team of doctors will also leave end of May, officials said. The journey will end on September 09.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest