Kailash Mansarovar yatra to begin on June 8
Dehradun: The annual `Kailash Mansarovra Yatra` will begin on June 08 after the medical examination of the travellers in Delhi, officials said on Monday.
The journey will begin with the gathering of certified travellers. They will be examined at the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) base hospital in the national capital and move to Uttarakhand on June 12.
The travellers will pay their fees and complete other formalities during their stay in Delhi.
The Ministry of External Affairs has cleared 18 groups of 60 members each for the journey. The groups will first reach Kathgodam town, then proceed to Almora town in Uttarakhand.
Their medical tests would again be conducted at Gunji village in Uttarakhand, ITBP officials told a news agency. The ITBP 7th battalion has been assigned the task of conducting the trip.
A team of doctors will also leave end of May, officials said. The journey will end on September 09.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery