Kailash Mansarovar yatra to begin on June 8
Dehradun: The annual `Kailash Mansarovra Yatra` will begin on June 08 after the medical examination of the travellers in Delhi, officials said on Monday.
The journey will begin with the gathering of certified travellers. They will be examined at the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) base hospital in the national capital and move to Uttarakhand on June 12.
The travellers will pay their fees and complete other formalities during their stay in Delhi.
The Ministry of External Affairs has cleared 18 groups of 60 members each for the journey. The groups will first reach Kathgodam town, then proceed to Almora town in Uttarakhand.
Their medical tests would again be conducted at Gunji village in Uttarakhand, ITBP officials told a news agency. The ITBP 7th battalion has been assigned the task of conducting the trip.
A team of doctors will also leave end of May, officials said. The journey will end on September 09.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?