Kalam describes beheading of Indian soldiers as ‘cruel’
Coimbatore: Describing "as cruel" the beheading of two Indian soldiers by Pakistani troops, former President A P J Adbul Kalam on Friday said the government would "definitely" take stern action on the issue.
"It is cruel. Definitely, government of India will take a stern action in the matter", Kalam told reporters here replying to a specific question on the issue.
On the punishment to be given to the accused in the Delhi gang-rape incident, he said the court would decide what was right.
"The decision of the court should be respected, I will be convinced with the court verdict", Kalam, who was here to attend a function, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today