Kalam describes beheading of Indian soldiers as ‘cruel’
Coimbatore: Describing "as cruel" the beheading of two Indian soldiers by Pakistani troops, former President A P J Adbul Kalam on Friday said the government would "definitely" take stern action on the issue.
"It is cruel. Definitely, government of India will take a stern action in the matter", Kalam told reporters here replying to a specific question on the issue.
On the punishment to be given to the accused in the Delhi gang-rape incident, he said the court would decide what was right.
"The decision of the court should be respected, I will be convinced with the court verdict", Kalam, who was here to attend a function, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees