Kalam describes beheading of Indian soldiers as ‘cruel’
Coimbatore: Describing "as cruel" the beheading of two Indian soldiers by Pakistani troops, former President A P J Adbul Kalam on Friday said the government would "definitely" take stern action on the issue.
"It is cruel. Definitely, government of India will take a stern action in the matter", Kalam told reporters here replying to a specific question on the issue.
On the punishment to be given to the accused in the Delhi gang-rape incident, he said the court would decide what was right.
"The decision of the court should be respected, I will be convinced with the court verdict", Kalam, who was here to attend a function, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'