Kalam for India-US-Israel task force to fight terror
New Delhi: India can adopt `never forget and never forgive` attitude of the US and Israel in tracking terrorists, former president APJ Abdul Kalam has said, suggesting that the three countries come together with an integrated taskforce to defeat their threats.
Kalam said the experience of the US and Israel in cooperating with each other on real time basis in countering threats from terror groups has helped in saving the lives of their people.
"The attacks are well coordinated and never end before the threat is completely eliminated, however, long it takes and whatever it takes. Very often the attacks were performed on targets located in unfriendly foreign soil and successfully.
"Never forget and never forgive! India can learn lesson out of their experiences and introduce technologies in tools for focused networked operations," Kalam said last evening while delivering the seventh R N Kao lecture organised by the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW).
"It is advisable for democratic countries of the USA, Israel and India to come together with an integrated task force to effectively defeat the threats of the terrorists," he said.
Kao was the founder head of the RAW and headed the agency responsible for gathering external intelligence from 1969 to 1977.
Kalam also favoured setting up of an Indian Intelligence Service through a common recruitment scheme to develop a pool of manpower with recruitment of personnel from special forces for frontline operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- HC tells cops to act if offence made out against Owaisi
- After Kejriwal's dramatic video message, sacked AAP minister claims his life under threat from Delhi CM
- Ruthlessness and positive the key to success in bowling: Ishant Sharma
- Telangana: suspension of 11 lower court judges revoked
- Aung San Suu Kyi keen to visit India