Kalam to address Delhi Private School in Sharjah
Sharjah: Former Indian president Dr APJ Abdul Kalam will preside over an event to celebrate the tenth anniversary of the Delhi Private School (DPS) in Sharjah.
According to Gulf News, as many as 3,100 students from the primary wing of the school are gearing up to present a unique event on Monday.
Dr Kalam is known in particular for his inspirational words to children and young people due to his strong belief that they play the most significant role in the progress of a country.
“It is our strong belief that Dr Abdul Kalam’s esteemed presence shall greatly inspire us to contribute to his vision of developing the youth into universal men and women,” school principal Vandana Marwaha said.
Dr Kalam will begin the event by addressing teachers and youth of various schools in two separate forums to be held at the school’s premises.
At the teachers’ forum, he will speak to over 600 teachers from various Indian curriculum schools about being creative and efficient facilitators.
An audience of 1,300 students from different high schools in the UAE will hear the former Indian President speak on the topic “rejuvenating resources”, as part of his ‘India Millennium Mission 2020’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers