Kalam to address Delhi Private School in Sharjah
Sharjah: Former Indian president Dr APJ Abdul Kalam will preside over an event to celebrate the tenth anniversary of the Delhi Private School (DPS) in Sharjah.
According to Gulf News, as many as 3,100 students from the primary wing of the school are gearing up to present a unique event on Monday.
Dr Kalam is known in particular for his inspirational words to children and young people due to his strong belief that they play the most significant role in the progress of a country.
“It is our strong belief that Dr Abdul Kalam’s esteemed presence shall greatly inspire us to contribute to his vision of developing the youth into universal men and women,” school principal Vandana Marwaha said.
Dr Kalam will begin the event by addressing teachers and youth of various schools in two separate forums to be held at the school’s premises.
At the teachers’ forum, he will speak to over 600 teachers from various Indian curriculum schools about being creative and efficient facilitators.
An audience of 1,300 students from different high schools in the UAE will hear the former Indian President speak on the topic “rejuvenating resources”, as part of his ‘India Millennium Mission 2020’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!