Kalam to address Delhi Private School in Sharjah
Sharjah: Former Indian president Dr APJ Abdul Kalam will preside over an event to celebrate the tenth anniversary of the Delhi Private School (DPS) in Sharjah.
According to Gulf News, as many as 3,100 students from the primary wing of the school are gearing up to present a unique event on Monday.
Dr Kalam is known in particular for his inspirational words to children and young people due to his strong belief that they play the most significant role in the progress of a country.
“It is our strong belief that Dr Abdul Kalam’s esteemed presence shall greatly inspire us to contribute to his vision of developing the youth into universal men and women,” school principal Vandana Marwaha said.
Dr Kalam will begin the event by addressing teachers and youth of various schools in two separate forums to be held at the school’s premises.
At the teachers’ forum, he will speak to over 600 teachers from various Indian curriculum schools about being creative and efficient facilitators.
An audience of 1,300 students from different high schools in the UAE will hear the former Indian President speak on the topic “rejuvenating resources”, as part of his ‘India Millennium Mission 2020’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok