Kalka mail tragedy: 8 unidentified bodies cremated
Fatehpur: Bodies of eight victims of
Kalka mail tragedy, whose identity could not be ascertained,
have been cremated after DNA test, a senior officer said here on Tuesday.
Of 70 people killed in the accident on July 10,
identity of eight could not be established despite all
efforts, so their bodies were cremated last evening,
sub-divisional magistrate Bindki Pappu Gupta said.
He said that DNA tests of all the eight bodies were
done so that it could be matched if any claim for compensation
is made in the future.
Seventy people were killed and 249 others were injured
in Kalka mail accident on July 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi