Kalmadi being made a scapegoat in CWG scam: BJP
Panji: BJP vice president Venkaiah Naidu on Monday accused Congress of making the sacked chairman of the Organising Committee (OC) Suresh Kalmadi a scapegoat in the Commonwealth Games scam.
Addressing a rally in Mapusa town marking wrapping up
of the fortnight-long `Jana Sampark Abhiyaan` of his party,
Naidu said, "Why Delhi Chief Minister (Sheila Dikshit) was not
arrested in connection with the financial irregularities in
the Commonwealth Games?".
The campaign launched on January 15 by senior leader
Arun Jaitley toured 39 constituencies and reached 2 lakh
Keeping heat on Congress, Naidu, without taking names
said, "why was union sports minister not arrested? Why was
union urban development not arrested for their role into the
The senior leader also targetted Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh for "remaining silent" on corruption.
Appealing the people to vote for BJP in March 3
Assembly polls, Naidu said his party could only provide
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah