Kalmadi, Chavan innocent, says Digvijay
Pune: Congress General Secretary Digvijay
Singh on Monday sympathised with scam-tainted party leaders -- MP
Suresh Kalmadi and former Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan saying he felt both of them were innocent.
"We feel sorry for Suresh Kalmadi who is suffering
hardships, and also for Ashok Chavan. In my personal opinion,
both of them are innocent. But whenever any corruption charges
are levelled, Soniaji has to take action," he said addressing
party workers here.
Singh, who arrived in the city after visiting the famous
Lord Vitthal temple at Pandharpur on the occasion of `Ashadhi
Ekadashi`, said Congress had always fought corruption.
It was because of the Right to Information Act brought by
the Congress government that the recent scams, including those
relating to the Adarsh Society, CWG and 2G spectrum, had come
to light, he added.
"Congress has not spared anybody and we have acted in all
cases. On the other hand, BJP has not touched Karnataka Chief
Minister B Yeddyurappa who is facing charges of corruption,"
The Congress leader also felt that in the cases where the
charge sheet had been filed and investigations were complete,
the judiciary should consider granting bail to the accused.
He, however, did not name anybody in this connection.
Singh said Congress was proud of its leader Rahul Gandhi
who had taken up cudgels in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar to bring
justice to the underprivileged with his "padayatra".
He rubbished Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati`s
charge that Gandhi had avoided food offered to him at a Dalit
home during his foot-march.
"The concerned Dalit has himself denied this allegation,"
Attacking RSS, he said Congress would continue its fight
against "fascist ideology".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya