Kalmadi, Chavan innocent, says Digvijay
Pune: Congress General Secretary Digvijay
Singh on Monday sympathised with scam-tainted party leaders -- MP
Suresh Kalmadi and former Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan saying he felt both of them were innocent.
"We feel sorry for Suresh Kalmadi who is suffering
hardships, and also for Ashok Chavan. In my personal opinion,
both of them are innocent. But whenever any corruption charges
are levelled, Soniaji has to take action," he said addressing
party workers here.
Singh, who arrived in the city after visiting the famous
Lord Vitthal temple at Pandharpur on the occasion of `Ashadhi
Ekadashi`, said Congress had always fought corruption.
It was because of the Right to Information Act brought by
the Congress government that the recent scams, including those
relating to the Adarsh Society, CWG and 2G spectrum, had come
to light, he added.
"Congress has not spared anybody and we have acted in all
cases. On the other hand, BJP has not touched Karnataka Chief
Minister B Yeddyurappa who is facing charges of corruption,"
The Congress leader also felt that in the cases where the
charge sheet had been filed and investigations were complete,
the judiciary should consider granting bail to the accused.
He, however, did not name anybody in this connection.
Singh said Congress was proud of its leader Rahul Gandhi
who had taken up cudgels in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar to bring
justice to the underprivileged with his "padayatra".
He rubbished Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati`s
charge that Gandhi had avoided food offered to him at a Dalit
home during his foot-march.
"The concerned Dalit has himself denied this allegation,"
Attacking RSS, he said Congress would continue its fight
against "fascist ideology".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands