Kalmadi’s man alleges physical assault by CBI
New Delhi: Former CWG Organising Committee chairman Suresh Kalmadi`s close aide Shekhar M Deorukhkar, who is under scanner for his role in multi-crore rupees overlays scam relating to the mega sporting event held last year, has alleged tortured by the CBI sleuths.
A report published in a leading daily on Friday claimed that during a hearing yesterday, Deorukhkar had informed the trial court that he was physically assaulted by CBI officials during his custodial interrogation.
"I was slapped four times by the investigating officer during the interrogation," he was quoted in the report as saying to the trial court judge.
After hearing his version, the trial court judge then directed the agency to get Deorukhkar medically examined after every 24 hours.
The central investigating agency has categorically rejected his allegations.
Deorukhkar was yesterday remanded in two more days of CBI custody for interrogation in connection with his role in CWG multi-crore rupees overlays scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi