Kalmadi’s man alleges physical assault by CBI
New Delhi: Former CWG Organising Committee chairman Suresh Kalmadi`s close aide Shekhar M Deorukhkar, who is under scanner for his role in multi-crore rupees overlays scam relating to the mega sporting event held last year, has alleged tortured by the CBI sleuths.
A report published in a leading daily on Friday claimed that during a hearing yesterday, Deorukhkar had informed the trial court that he was physically assaulted by CBI officials during his custodial interrogation.
"I was slapped four times by the investigating officer during the interrogation," he was quoted in the report as saying to the trial court judge.
After hearing his version, the trial court judge then directed the agency to get Deorukhkar medically examined after every 24 hours.
The central investigating agency has categorically rejected his allegations.
Deorukhkar was yesterday remanded in two more days of CBI custody for interrogation in connection with his role in CWG multi-crore rupees overlays scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report