Kalmadi’s man alleges physical assault by CBI
New Delhi: Former CWG Organising Committee chairman Suresh Kalmadi`s close aide Shekhar M Deorukhkar, who is under scanner for his role in multi-crore rupees overlays scam relating to the mega sporting event held last year, has alleged tortured by the CBI sleuths.
A report published in a leading daily on Friday claimed that during a hearing yesterday, Deorukhkar had informed the trial court that he was physically assaulted by CBI officials during his custodial interrogation.
"I was slapped four times by the investigating officer during the interrogation," he was quoted in the report as saying to the trial court judge.
After hearing his version, the trial court judge then directed the agency to get Deorukhkar medically examined after every 24 hours.
The central investigating agency has categorically rejected his allegations.
Deorukhkar was yesterday remanded in two more days of CBI custody for interrogation in connection with his role in CWG multi-crore rupees overlays scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back