Kalmadi’s man alleges physical assault by CBI
New Delhi: Former CWG Organising Committee chairman Suresh Kalmadi`s close aide Shekhar M Deorukhkar, who is under scanner for his role in multi-crore rupees overlays scam relating to the mega sporting event held last year, has alleged tortured by the CBI sleuths.
A report published in a leading daily on Friday claimed that during a hearing yesterday, Deorukhkar had informed the trial court that he was physically assaulted by CBI officials during his custodial interrogation.
"I was slapped four times by the investigating officer during the interrogation," he was quoted in the report as saying to the trial court judge.
After hearing his version, the trial court judge then directed the agency to get Deorukhkar medically examined after every 24 hours.
The central investigating agency has categorically rejected his allegations.
Deorukhkar was yesterday remanded in two more days of CBI custody for interrogation in connection with his role in CWG multi-crore rupees overlays scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- READ! Facts about the 'carpenter' Kusal Mendis who made history against Australia
- Shocking: MP police ask three accused to remove clothes in lock-up – Know what happens next
- Burhan Wani may have been spared, hints J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti
- ASUS unveils new ''ROG'' gaming desktop; price starts Rs 1.85 lakh
- 'Dishoom' mania: Jacqueline Fernandez can work with Rohit Dhawan a 'million times over'