Kalmadi’s man alleges physical assault by CBI
New Delhi: Former CWG Organising Committee chairman Suresh Kalmadi`s close aide Shekhar M Deorukhkar, who is under scanner for his role in multi-crore rupees overlays scam relating to the mega sporting event held last year, has alleged tortured by the CBI sleuths.
A report published in a leading daily on Friday claimed that during a hearing yesterday, Deorukhkar had informed the trial court that he was physically assaulted by CBI officials during his custodial interrogation.
"I was slapped four times by the investigating officer during the interrogation," he was quoted in the report as saying to the trial court judge.
After hearing his version, the trial court judge then directed the agency to get Deorukhkar medically examined after every 24 hours.
The central investigating agency has categorically rejected his allegations.
Deorukhkar was yesterday remanded in two more days of CBI custody for interrogation in connection with his role in CWG multi-crore rupees overlays scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday