Kalraj rubbishes comparison between Modi, Advani
Kanpur: Amid growing clamour in BJP for projecting Narendra Modi as its PM nominee, its leader Kalraj Mishra has refused to draw a parallel between him and L K Advani, saying while the Gujarat CM has gained worldwide fame with his work, Advani is "too big" to be compared with anyone.
"Advani is too big a leader to be compared with anyone in the party. He has done a lot for the country and BJP. There is no point drawing his comparison with anyone," Mishra said on Tuesday, rubbishing a comparison between the two.
Modi, on the other hand, has gained worldwide fame with a hat-trick in Gujarat and everyone now wants to emulate his development model, he said.
Kalraj, who was here to take part at a private function, asserted that there is no race in the party for the Prime Minister`s post and any decision to this effect will be taken by BJP parliamentary board.
He also took a dig at Congress over the issue, saying the party "seems to have assumed Rahul Gandhi as its Prime Minister."
"Relationship of Congress with its allies is getting estranged. While the DMK has pulled out, Samajwadi Party is firing salvos at it. There is a situation of uncertainty, which is fuelling speculations of mid-term polls," Mishra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened