Kalyan Singh calls for `middle path` on LK Advani
Lucknow: Former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Kalyan Singh on Monday appealed BJP leader LK Advani to withdraw his resignation, and said a "middle path" would be worked out soon and senior party leaders are working on it.
"The middle path, which is in party`s interest as well as in keeping with the position and respect that Advaniji commands, would be worked out and senior leaders are working in this direction," Singh said.
BJP would not like to lose its most capable and senior leader, he said.
"Advaniji has been RSS pracharak and the role of the sangh, which has intelligent leaders, would be important in this," Singh said adding that he had also been a `pracharak` and takes pride in his role.
Singh, who returned to the saffron fold by merging his Rashtriya Kranti Party with it, said that 2014 Lok Sabha elections will be a turning point in BJP`s history.
"The 2014 Lok Sabha elections would be a turning point in the history of the BJP as well as the country," he said adding that nationalism would dominate and corrupt Congress would be forced out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan