Kalyan Singh calls for `middle path` on LK Advani
Lucknow: Former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Kalyan Singh on Monday appealed BJP leader LK Advani to withdraw his resignation, and said a "middle path" would be worked out soon and senior party leaders are working on it.
"The middle path, which is in party`s interest as well as in keeping with the position and respect that Advaniji commands, would be worked out and senior leaders are working in this direction," Singh said.
BJP would not like to lose its most capable and senior leader, he said.
"Advaniji has been RSS pracharak and the role of the sangh, which has intelligent leaders, would be important in this," Singh said adding that he had also been a `pracharak` and takes pride in his role.
Singh, who returned to the saffron fold by merging his Rashtriya Kranti Party with it, said that 2014 Lok Sabha elections will be a turning point in BJP`s history.
"The 2014 Lok Sabha elections would be a turning point in the history of the BJP as well as the country," he said adding that nationalism would dominate and corrupt Congress would be forced out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened