Kalyan Singh hints at re-joining BJP
Kanpur/Etah: The re-entry of Kalyan Singh into BJP will strengthen it, Rajnath Singh on Friday said as the backward class leader hinted at his imminent return to the party fold.
Former chief minister and Jan Kranti Party patron Kalyan Singh today said he would re-join BJP at the right time for "uniting nationalist forces".
"I am in no mood of alliance. We will merge the party (with BJP) at the right time," he told reporters at Etah when asked about his return to BJP.
Kalyan said he had "positive talks" with the state leadership and his return dates would be finalised after talks with national president Nitin Gadkari.
Asked about Kalyan`s return to party, Rajnath in Kanpur said, "His re-entry into BJP will boost the party as he had done commendable job during his regime and has a considerable following in a section of people in Uttar Pradesh."
On corruption charges against Gadkari and Robert Vadra, Kalyan said, "The charges levelled against Gadkari and Vadra are of same nature. Like Gadkari, who has welcomed probe into the matter, Congress should also welcome probe against Vadra."
He alleged that by announcing release of accused of blasts in Varanasi, Faizabad and Lucknow, the SP government was trying to create communal tension in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown