Kalyan Singh hints at re-joining BJP
Kanpur/Etah: The re-entry of Kalyan Singh into BJP will strengthen it, Rajnath Singh on Friday said as the backward class leader hinted at his imminent return to the party fold.
Former chief minister and Jan Kranti Party patron Kalyan Singh today said he would re-join BJP at the right time for "uniting nationalist forces".
"I am in no mood of alliance. We will merge the party (with BJP) at the right time," he told reporters at Etah when asked about his return to BJP.
Kalyan said he had "positive talks" with the state leadership and his return dates would be finalised after talks with national president Nitin Gadkari.
Asked about Kalyan`s return to party, Rajnath in Kanpur said, "His re-entry into BJP will boost the party as he had done commendable job during his regime and has a considerable following in a section of people in Uttar Pradesh."
On corruption charges against Gadkari and Robert Vadra, Kalyan said, "The charges levelled against Gadkari and Vadra are of same nature. Like Gadkari, who has welcomed probe into the matter, Congress should also welcome probe against Vadra."
He alleged that by announcing release of accused of blasts in Varanasi, Faizabad and Lucknow, the SP government was trying to create communal tension in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months