Kalyan Singh hints at re-joining BJP
Kanpur/Etah: The re-entry of Kalyan Singh into BJP will strengthen it, Rajnath Singh on Friday said as the backward class leader hinted at his imminent return to the party fold.
Former chief minister and Jan Kranti Party patron Kalyan Singh today said he would re-join BJP at the right time for "uniting nationalist forces".
"I am in no mood of alliance. We will merge the party (with BJP) at the right time," he told reporters at Etah when asked about his return to BJP.
Kalyan said he had "positive talks" with the state leadership and his return dates would be finalised after talks with national president Nitin Gadkari.
Asked about Kalyan`s return to party, Rajnath in Kanpur said, "His re-entry into BJP will boost the party as he had done commendable job during his regime and has a considerable following in a section of people in Uttar Pradesh."
On corruption charges against Gadkari and Robert Vadra, Kalyan said, "The charges levelled against Gadkari and Vadra are of same nature. Like Gadkari, who has welcomed probe into the matter, Congress should also welcome probe against Vadra."
He alleged that by announcing release of accused of blasts in Varanasi, Faizabad and Lucknow, the SP government was trying to create communal tension in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report