Kalyan Singh hints at re-joining BJP
Kanpur/Etah: The re-entry of Kalyan Singh into BJP will strengthen it, Rajnath Singh on Friday said as the backward class leader hinted at his imminent return to the party fold.
Former chief minister and Jan Kranti Party patron Kalyan Singh today said he would re-join BJP at the right time for "uniting nationalist forces".
"I am in no mood of alliance. We will merge the party (with BJP) at the right time," he told reporters at Etah when asked about his return to BJP.
Kalyan said he had "positive talks" with the state leadership and his return dates would be finalised after talks with national president Nitin Gadkari.
Asked about Kalyan`s return to party, Rajnath in Kanpur said, "His re-entry into BJP will boost the party as he had done commendable job during his regime and has a considerable following in a section of people in Uttar Pradesh."
On corruption charges against Gadkari and Robert Vadra, Kalyan said, "The charges levelled against Gadkari and Vadra are of same nature. Like Gadkari, who has welcomed probe into the matter, Congress should also welcome probe against Vadra."
He alleged that by announcing release of accused of blasts in Varanasi, Faizabad and Lucknow, the SP government was trying to create communal tension in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened