Kamal Nath advocates PPP model for infrastructure development
New Delhi: Pitching for Public-Private
partnership in infrastructure development, Urban Development
Minister Kamal Nath on Monday said Metro operation exemplifies the
success of the PPP model.
"The Metro operation is a successful PPP model and it
can be adopted in construction of road, port connectivity and
other infrastructure projects", Nath said at an award function in Delhi.
He said even small townships can be made on PPP basis.
The Infrastructure Excellence Awards was orgainsed to
honour PSUs and corporates from various infrastructure
"We are looking for innovative ways for infrastructure
development and PPP is the answer for future growth", he said,
adding, "We have to devise a suitable PPP model for India."
Admitting that India is lagging behind in terms of
infrastructure, he said, "In India we are talking of building
infrastructure but in the US and Europe they are talking of
renewal infrastructure. So, in India, we are catching up with
Referring to the urban areas, he said, "Cities have
exceeded their carrying capacities including the parking lot,
sewage, water supply. The question is how to meet the
He also said the Jawahar Lal Nehru Urban Renewal Mission
(JNNURM), was being reassessed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living