Kamal Nath advocates PPP model for infrastructure development
New Delhi: Pitching for Public-Private
partnership in infrastructure development, Urban Development
Minister Kamal Nath on Monday said Metro operation exemplifies the
success of the PPP model.
"The Metro operation is a successful PPP model and it
can be adopted in construction of road, port connectivity and
other infrastructure projects", Nath said at an award function in Delhi.
He said even small townships can be made on PPP basis.
The Infrastructure Excellence Awards was orgainsed to
honour PSUs and corporates from various infrastructure
"We are looking for innovative ways for infrastructure
development and PPP is the answer for future growth", he said,
adding, "We have to devise a suitable PPP model for India."
Admitting that India is lagging behind in terms of
infrastructure, he said, "In India we are talking of building
infrastructure but in the US and Europe they are talking of
renewal infrastructure. So, in India, we are catching up with
Referring to the urban areas, he said, "Cities have
exceeded their carrying capacities including the parking lot,
sewage, water supply. The question is how to meet the
He also said the Jawahar Lal Nehru Urban Renewal Mission
(JNNURM), was being reassessed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why