Kandhamal riots: Five get life sentence
Phulbani: Five youths were today sentenced
to life imprisonment by a local court for killing a pastor
during riots in Orissa`s Kandhamal district last year.
Fast Track Court-I judge S K Das awarded life term to
Sabito Digal (30), Mania Pradhan (28), Dharmaraj Pradhan (32),
Abinash Pradhan (29) and Papu Pradhan (30) for the murder of
Akbar Digal, a pastor of a Baptist church at Tatamaha village
under Raikia police station area.
Digal`s throat was slit by the youths in presence of his
wife Lodia Digal on August 26, 2008, barely two days after
riots broke out in the aftermath of VHP leader Swami
Laxamananda Saraswati`s killing.
The five persons were arrested on an FIR lodged by the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what