Kanimozhi wants change in ED questioning date of May 13
New Delhi: DMK MP Kanimozhi and Kalaignar
TV Managing Director Sharad Kumar Wednesday appeared before the
Enforcement Directorate here to seek another date instead of
May 13 for their questioning in connection with the 2G
spectrum allocation scam.
Sources said the 43-year-old daughter of Tamil Nadu
Chief Minister M Karunanidhi accompanied by Kumar met the
officials of the ED (Delhi zone) after seeking an appointment
to explain their inability to appear on the scheduled date of
May 13 owing to time constraints, as they are due to appear
before Income Tax authorities in Chennai tomorrow.
Sources said both the individuals, charged by CBI in
the 2G spectrum scam in connection with the channelling of
Rs 200 crore to DMK family-run Kalaignar TV through a
circuitous route, would soon be given new dates for
questioning, preferably after the May 14 hearing of the duo in
the Supreme Court for pronouncement of their bail pleas.
The ED had summoned the duo for questioning about the
transfer of the Rs 200 crore sum to Kalaignar TV, in which
both Kanimozhi and Kumar hold a 20 per cent stake each. Some
other transactions are also under the scanner of the ED in the
The ED, according to sources, had asked the duo to
provide documents related to their funding, income, properties
and their personal investments to the Directorate which will
soon begin attachment proceedings against other individuals
and certain telecom firms involved in the case.
Besides the cases of Kanimozhi and Kumar, similar
summons under the provisions of the anti-money laundering Act
were issued to Swan Telecom promoter Shahid Usman Balwa`s
cousin Asif Balwa, Director of Kusegaon Fruits and Vegetables
Pvt Ltd Rajeev Agarwal and Karim Murani of Cineyug Films (Pvt)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users