Kannur terror cases hearing deferred till Jan 27
Kannur: A local court today adjourned till
January 27 the trial of the 12 accused in terror-related cases
The 12 accused in various cases, including five allegedly
involved in the 2008 Bangalore serial blasts, were produced in
the court of Thalassery Additional Judge K Babu.
The cases relate to the well orchestrated terror network
by alleged Lashkar operative T Nazir, arrested recently from
the India-Bangladesh border, to recruit Keralite youths in the
LeT in Kashmir.
The Judge deferred the cases while considering a petition
by Kerala-based People`s Democratic Party activist Ramdas
Kathirur, seeking the court`s attention towards alleged
involvement of foreign powers in running the terror network in
The five accused in the Bangalore bomb blasts were
brought from a jail by a Special Investigating Team amid tight
security. The other accused are lodged in a Kannur prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown