Kapil Sibal, Ananth Kumar challenge Arvind Kejriwal`s `corrupt` list
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: BJP leader Ananth Kumar and Congress MP Avtar Singh Bhadana sent legal notices to Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday for accusing them of being corrupt.
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader, who stirred the hornet`s nest by accusing several politicians of being corrupt, was today bombarded with threats of legal action by a number of them if he fails to apologise.
In his legal notice, Ananth Kumar said Kejriwal`s allegations were "motivated, baseless and malicious".
He said the Delhi CM has not provided any evidence to support his claim and, therefore, he should apologise within three days unconditionally.
Bhadana slammed Kejriwal for "calling names" without evidence. His lawyer Surat Singh said Kejriwal had made "false and frivilous" allegations in his bid to project himself.
Union Shipping Minister GK Vasan also reportedly threatened to file a defamation case against Kejriwal for making allegations of corruption against him.
Law Minister Kapil Sibal, who was also named by Kejriwal, said the Delhi Chief Minister should prove his allegations within two days or resign.
"I was surprised that a person who is holding the post of Chief Minister has levelled an allegation against me. His intentions appear to be malafide, otherwise he would not have levelled such baseless allegations.
"I am surprised that he dubbed me as corrupt. I give him two days to hand me the proof of my corruption otherwise he should resign from his position," Sibal told reporters here.
He said if Kejriwal is able to prove his allegatuions, then he would not only step down as a minister but also quit politics.
Kejriwal listed a number of politicians while levelling the allegations yesterday.
Former BJP president Nitin Gadkari has immediately threatened legal action if Kejriwal did not withdraw his allegation.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok