Kapil Sibal lays foundation stone of IIM-Rohtak
Rohtak: Union HRD Minister Kapil Sibal on Friday
laid the foundation stone of the Indian Institute of
Management-Rohtak at a village here and announced that a
campus of National Sports University, Coimbatore will soon be
established in the district.
"Haryana is poised to become the centre of education and
Rohtak will be the next satellite city of Delhi," Sibal said
after laying the foundation stone of the institute in
At present, classes were temporarily being held at
Maharishi Dayanand University, Rohtak.
The Union Human Resource Development Minister also
assured that a campus of National Sports University,
Coimbatore will soon be established here.
The campus will help polishing talent of budding players
as all facilities will be available in the complex, he said.
Expressing concern over brain drain, Sibal said "alumni
of our reputed management institutes are managing several
multi-national companies in foreign countries. The trend has
to be reversed and our talented graduates should manage the
economy of our country."
Terming education as the base of development, he said
"the main difference between our country and the developed
ones is that of education.
"The percentage of students going to colleges from
schools is 40 to 50 in developed countries as compared to 12.4
per cent in our country. Hence, the Union government has
decided to increase this rate up to 30 per cent by 2020,"
At present, 20 crore children go to school in the country
which stands two-thirds of the total population of the US. Out
of these school children, only 1.4 crore go to colleges for
higher study, increasing the number of which
is a big challenge before India, he said.
On the occasion, Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda
said the IIM would prove a milestone in the development of the
"The Union government decided to set up 7 new institutes
of management in the country. Of them, the foundation stone of
the first institute has been laid in village Garnawathi," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!