Kapil Sibal rues BSNL takes a week to fix connection
New Delhi: Telecom PSU BSNL does not even spare telecom minister Kapil Sibal in dishing out poor service.
"In my own house I have broadband. It doesn`t work. I make complaint almost on a daily basis. It takes me a week for that complaint to be settled... If you can`t provide service to your minister in Delhi, I don`t know what is going to happen to common man who is not in Delhi," he wondered.
"Improve quality of service. Somehow we feel if we serve the poor, then its fine. But fact of the matter is we serve the poor very poorly," Sibal today said while speaking at BSNL`s `Seva Padak Awards` function here.
He said he would not blame individuals for the present situation but if there is something wrong in the system, then it needs to be addressed.
Stating that he is monitoring the financial performance of BSNL, he said, "Revenue last year has gone down. That is a matter of great concern. BSNL is confronted with huge number of challenges. I am extremely sure that we will come out of those challenges."
Asking for a change in the work culture of BSNL employees, he said, "I think there is no culture of revenue concept. Everyone working in the organisation must feel (that) targetted revenue increase is dominant benchmark of performance measurement."
Sibal said the performance of officers and workers must reflect in their annual appraisals and other HR decisions.
The telecom minister pulled up BSNL employees in the Hindi region for lack of representation among award winners.
"I noticed all the awardees are from South. Andhra, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu... I wonder where the Hindi belt is gone," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani