Kapil Sibal rues BSNL takes a week to fix connection
New Delhi: Telecom PSU BSNL does not even spare telecom minister Kapil Sibal in dishing out poor service.
"In my own house I have broadband. It doesn`t work. I make complaint almost on a daily basis. It takes me a week for that complaint to be settled... If you can`t provide service to your minister in Delhi, I don`t know what is going to happen to common man who is not in Delhi," he wondered.
"Improve quality of service. Somehow we feel if we serve the poor, then its fine. But fact of the matter is we serve the poor very poorly," Sibal today said while speaking at BSNL`s `Seva Padak Awards` function here.
He said he would not blame individuals for the present situation but if there is something wrong in the system, then it needs to be addressed.
Stating that he is monitoring the financial performance of BSNL, he said, "Revenue last year has gone down. That is a matter of great concern. BSNL is confronted with huge number of challenges. I am extremely sure that we will come out of those challenges."
Asking for a change in the work culture of BSNL employees, he said, "I think there is no culture of revenue concept. Everyone working in the organisation must feel (that) targetted revenue increase is dominant benchmark of performance measurement."
Sibal said the performance of officers and workers must reflect in their annual appraisals and other HR decisions.
The telecom minister pulled up BSNL employees in the Hindi region for lack of representation among award winners.
"I noticed all the awardees are from South. Andhra, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu... I wonder where the Hindi belt is gone," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rio-returned Sudha Singh tested positive for Swine Flu, not for Zika virus
- Haryana to address common citizens as Sir, Madam
- See pic: Two giant pandas and cub celebrate their 10th birthday with 'ice cakes'!
- RBL Bank's IPO oversubscribed 70 times, applications cross 1 mn on Day 3
- Dredging of Brahmaputra soon to stop floods, erosion: Sonowal