Kapil Sibal`s personal website hacked
New Delhi: Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal`s personal website has been hacked and defaced by groups alleging Internet censorship and curbs on free speech.
The website `www.Kapilsibalmp.Com` was yesterday attacked and contents were altered to show the minister in poor light. Sibal, who represents the Chandni Chowk constituency in Parliament, uses this portal to interact with his constituency.
While most of the website has been restored, certain sections like blogs, gallery, speeches and conversation were still not working.
While no official comment was immediately available, a source in the minister`s office said the website is an old one and had not been updated for sometime now.
The Twitter account of Anonymous India (@opindia_revenge) said Sibal`s site was getting "trolled".
"The time to sit silently is gone. Call your friends and get them to protests sites," said a link posted on the Twitter handle.
Meanwhile, the the government today said about 294 websites belonging to various ministries and government departments were hacked in the January-October 2012 period.
"A total number of 201, 303, 308 and 294 websites belonging to various ministries and departments in the government were hacked during the ear 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 (till October), respectively," Minister of State for Communications and IT Milind Deora said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference