Kapil Sibal`s personal website hacked
New Delhi: Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal`s personal website has been hacked and defaced by groups alleging Internet censorship and curbs on free speech.
The website `www.Kapilsibalmp.Com` was yesterday attacked and contents were altered to show the minister in poor light. Sibal, who represents the Chandni Chowk constituency in Parliament, uses this portal to interact with his constituency.
While most of the website has been restored, certain sections like blogs, gallery, speeches and conversation were still not working.
While no official comment was immediately available, a source in the minister`s office said the website is an old one and had not been updated for sometime now.
The Twitter account of Anonymous India (@opindia_revenge) said Sibal`s site was getting "trolled".
"The time to sit silently is gone. Call your friends and get them to protests sites," said a link posted on the Twitter handle.
Meanwhile, the the government today said about 294 websites belonging to various ministries and government departments were hacked in the January-October 2012 period.
"A total number of 201, 303, 308 and 294 websites belonging to various ministries and departments in the government were hacked during the ear 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 (till October), respectively," Minister of State for Communications and IT Milind Deora said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow