Kapurthala RCF to export stainless steel coaches to Bangladesh
Jalandhar: The rail coach factory (RCF) at Kapurthala has been assigned by Indian Railways board to manufacture and export stainless steel coaches to Bangladesh, a senior official said.
"In this financial year, the railways board has given us the target of manufacturing 1,600 coaches including those coaches which are to be exported to Bangladesh," B N Rajeshwar, General Manager, RCF Kapurthala.
He informed that the RCF has been assigned to manufacture 50 stainless steel coaches for Bangladesh Railways.
Elaborating on the performance of the RCF, Rajeshwar said the annual manufacturing capacity of the factory is of 1,501 coaches but in the last financial year it manufactured 1,680 coaches.
"We had manufactured 22 different type of coaches for Rajdhani, Shatabdi, Double Decker and other express coaches in the last fiscal," he said.
The General Manager also said that the Kapurthala RCF was the only railway factory in the country which manufactured double decker AC coaches.
RCF Kapurthala in association with the Defence Reserach and Development Organisation (DRDO) has developed bio-toilets, which have already been fitted in the 1,200 coaches, he said.
- Smoking inside home makes kids ill
- Turkey says prevented 85 security incidents since January
- Nagaland Board of School Education (HSLC) Class 10 Results 2016 to be declared today; check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Yusuf Pathan's heroics power Kolkata Knight Riders to five-wicket win over Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Israel says Erez crossing into Gaza to reopen