Karan Singh refuses China-India Friendship Award
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader Karan
Singh is understood to have refused the China-India Friendship
Award conferred by visiting Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao on nine
personalities from various fields.
Sources said that Singh, a Rajya Sabha member, turned
down the award as he felt that a Parliamentarian should not
accept such decorations as he runs the risk of being seen as
favouring one particular country.
Among those awarded today were CPI(M) Polit Bureau member
Sitaram Yechury, Prof Tan Chung, G Viswanathan, G Banerjee, M
Mohanty, S Chakrabarty, Bhaskaran, Sherdill and Pallavi Aiyar.
The awards were given away by Wen at a function in the
The awardees have been honoured for their contribution to
promoting India-China friendship and understanding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you