Karat asks AAP to clear stand on liberal economic policy
Agartala: Describing the liberal economic policy as the main source of corruption, the CPI(M) has asked the Aam Admi Party (AAP) to clear its stand on it.
The AAP came into prominence with its agitation against corruption and fought the Delhi Assembly election with a pledge to form a clean government, CPI(M) general secretary Prakash Karat said in an interview with Daily Desher Katha, the party organ in Tripura.
But the AAP did not make its stand clear on various policy matters like the new liberal economic policy which was the main source of corruption, Karat said in the interview published today when the party`s Politburo meeting began here.
"So, unless the AAP clears its stand about the liberal economic policy, it is not possible for us to have a clear conception regarding the new party," he added.
The AAP got votes of the middle class and of the poor in Delhi as the people found in it an alternative, Karat said.
The Congress and BJP were only trying to project Rahul Gandhi and Narendra Modi respectively but were not saying anything about changing their `anti-people` policy, he said.
Stating that the CPI(M) would continue its fight against the anti-people policies of the Centre and communalism, he said the party would try to unit non-Congress and non-BJP parties in these two issues.
CPI(M) would also try to go for an understanding with like-minded parties in various states during the Lok Sabha polls, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened