Karat asks AAP to clear stand on liberal economic policy
Agartala: Describing the liberal economic policy as the main source of corruption, the CPI(M) has asked the Aam Admi Party (AAP) to clear its stand on it.
The AAP came into prominence with its agitation against corruption and fought the Delhi Assembly election with a pledge to form a clean government, CPI(M) general secretary Prakash Karat said in an interview with Daily Desher Katha, the party organ in Tripura.
But the AAP did not make its stand clear on various policy matters like the new liberal economic policy which was the main source of corruption, Karat said in the interview published today when the party`s Politburo meeting began here.
"So, unless the AAP clears its stand about the liberal economic policy, it is not possible for us to have a clear conception regarding the new party," he added.
The AAP got votes of the middle class and of the poor in Delhi as the people found in it an alternative, Karat said.
The Congress and BJP were only trying to project Rahul Gandhi and Narendra Modi respectively but were not saying anything about changing their `anti-people` policy, he said.
Stating that the CPI(M) would continue its fight against the anti-people policies of the Centre and communalism, he said the party would try to unit non-Congress and non-BJP parties in these two issues.
CPI(M) would also try to go for an understanding with like-minded parties in various states during the Lok Sabha polls, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Sensex logs first rise in five sessions on earnings lift
- Goa SSC (Class 10) Examination Results 2016 to be declared on May 25: (goaresults.nic.in) GBSHSE 10th board results, Goa Board (GBSHSE) SSC (Class 10) Examination Results 2016
- Best of your sex life begins at 40!
- Cristiano Ronaldo confident of Champions League glory despite injury scare
- Goa University Examination Results announced