Karat to ensure BJP`s defeat, ducks query on backing Congress
Kolkata: CPI(M) General Secretary Prakash Karat on Saturday said that Left parties would ensure BJP`s defeat in the next Lok Sabha polls, while evading a direct reply on the issue of supporting Congress after the polls.
"We will try to bring together all Left and democratic forces. Rest we will see after the polls," Karat said when inquired whether the CPI(M) will support the Congress after the next Lok Sabha polls to keep the BJP at bay.
"We will ensure that BJP is defeated," the top CPI(M) leader said.
Karat`s comment is a deviation from the previous stand of the CPI(M), where it had clearly stated that the Left would fight to keep both BJP and Congress at bay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder