Karat to ensure BJP`s defeat, ducks query on backing Congress
Kolkata: CPI(M) General Secretary Prakash Karat on Saturday said that Left parties would ensure BJP`s defeat in the next Lok Sabha polls, while evading a direct reply on the issue of supporting Congress after the polls.
"We will try to bring together all Left and democratic forces. Rest we will see after the polls," Karat said when inquired whether the CPI(M) will support the Congress after the next Lok Sabha polls to keep the BJP at bay.
"We will ensure that BJP is defeated," the top CPI(M) leader said.
Karat`s comment is a deviation from the previous stand of the CPI(M), where it had clearly stated that the Left would fight to keep both BJP and Congress at bay.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference