Kargil martyr case: BJP seeks justice for family
New Delhi: BJP leader Shanta Kumar Tuesday pleaded in the Rajya Sabha the case of Capt. Saurabh Kalia, who with five other soldiers suffered gruesome torture by Pakistan during the 1999 Kargil conflict. Their mutilated bodies were later handed over to the Indian Army.
The BJP national vice-president in a special mention in the Rajya Sabha sought justice for the parents of Capt. Saurbah Kalia, who live in Himachal Pradesh`s Palampur town.
Shabta Kumar said Capt. Saurbah`s father N.K. Kalia, who retired as a senior scientist from the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), had moved the Supreme Court seeking direction to the central government to take up the case of his son`s torture in the International Court of Justice in The Hague.
Shanta Kumar, who is also from Palampur, said Capt. Saurabh of the 4 Jat Regiment was on a patrol in Kaksar sector of Jammu and Kashmir in May 1999 when he and five other soldiers were taken hostage by Pakistani troops.
Their mutilated bodies was handed over to India after 15 days of torture.
"For over 13 years, the family of Capt. Saurabh Kalia has been raising the issue at various national and international fora so that Pakistan could be punished for heinous crimes with war prisoners. Sadly, the family has failed to get justice so far. It`s a case of violation of the Geneva Convention," Shanta Kumar added.
"The family got assurances from the government of India and the chief of army staff, but there is little hope of getting justice," he added.
The BJP leader said the family should be provided justice without further delay.
The elderly parents of Capt. Saurabh have moved the Supreme Court, which has listed the matter for hearing Dec 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks