Karmapa clean chit welcomed
Gangtok: The Karmapa Reception Committee
and Joint Action Committee, a representation of 18 Buddhist
organisations of Sikkim, on Saturday jointly welcomed the clean chit
given to the XVIIth Karmapa Ogyen Trinley by the Centre.
During a press conference here, general secretary of
the Karmapa Reception Committee K T Bhutia expressed their
gratitude to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, UPA Chairperson
Sonia Gandhi, Home Minister P Chidambaram and Home Secretary G
K Pillai "for laying to rest all allegations levelled against
Appealing to the central government to allow the Karmapa
to visit Sikkim and take his "rightful place" at Rumtek, JAC
president Kunzang Sherpa commended the home secretary?s
"understanding" of the "very innocent" nature of the financial
oversight of the Karmapa`s managers "born out of ignorance".
The speakers said a delegation of the organisations will
also soon call on Chief Minister Pawan Chamling to pursue with
the central government about the Karmapa`s visit to Sikkim.
The Centre on February 16 is understood to have given a
clean chit to the Karmapa in the case relating to the huge
foreign currency haul from his house, saying the money had
come in the form of donations and offerings by devotees.
This was the conclusion arrived by the central
government after its agencies probed the case following the
recovery of foreign currency to the tune of Rs 7.5 crore from
the Gyuto Monastery, the transit home of the Karmapa, in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj