Karmapa in touch with Chinese authorities?
New Delhi: Tibetan religious leader Karmapa’s ‘Chinese connection’ has gained momentum further with the recovery of Chinese sim cards from his close aide Shakti Lama. Police sources revealed that constant communications were made through these sims card with the a number of Chinese cities.
But it is yet to be revealed that who exactly owns those sim cards.
Of the five sim cards recovered from the Karmapa’s monastery, three are Chinese, and officials said “it has been established beyond doubt that the Karmapa’s advice was taken by the Chinese government from time to time on monasteries coming up in Beijing”.
“The taped conversations also show that the Karmapa has been discussing Indian government’s plans about Tibetans in exile and other related policy issues,” a senior officer said.
Karmapa is suspected for possible Chinese connection following the seizure of foreign currency over a two dozen countries valued at Rs 7 crore from his office. Himachal Pradesh police and other central government agencies questioned Karmapa following the seizure.
Meanwhile, Law minister said “Law will take its own course in this issue.”
Karmapa is the 17th reincarnation of the Karma Kagyu sect of Tibetan Budhhism and the third highest ranked monk after the Dalai Lama and the Panchen Lama, missed the Saturday morning prayers and public audience.
With the Gyuto Tantric monastery, where he has been residing in the last few years with his followers, swarming with police officials, the Karmapa has been confined to his rooms on the top floor even though the authorities are not officially saying that he is under house arrest.
Almost all monasteries run by the karmapa are located in strategically-sensitive areas where there are key army and air force installations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- A carnival of contrasting views near Cleveland''s Republican convention
- PML-N sweeps assembly polls in Pakistan occupied Kashmir
- PokéDates is here! Now, find love while catching Pokemon
- Quit TV as I couldn't do saas-bahu shows: Surveen Chawla
- Know who influences Shah Rukh Khan’s life – Details inside