Karmapa Reception Committee, JAC welcome `clean chit`
Gangtok: The Karmapa Reception Committee and
the Joint Action Committee have expressed their gratitude
towards all devotees and lay people for coming out in support
of the XVIIth Karmapa Ogyen Trinley Dorje at a time when he
was being hounded by media speculation and allegations.
They also expressed their happiness on the ‘clean
Chit’ given to the Karmapa by the Himachal Pradesh government
on allegations relating to his being involved in benami land
deals or anything illicit in the cash recovered from the raid
on the Sidhbari monastery.
The KRC and JAC spokesperson, Thukchuk Lachungpa, while
addressing a press conference yesterday, stressed that the
faith of the people in the Karmapa had never been shaken and
now that an official clean chit had been issued by the
Himachal government, which had carried out the raids, it
offered some reason to cheer.
He stated that the conviction of the people that the
truth would eventually prevail, has come true.
We also express our gratitude towards the central and
Himachal Governments for their quick and positive decision on
the Karmapa by clearing all the clouds of doubts on him,? he
The conference was also addressed by the executive
members of JAC and KRC.
These reactions come in response to a press statement
issued by the Himachal Pradesh chief secretary, Rajwant
Sandhu, that ?there is no involvement of the Karmapa. We have
reasons to believe that some donations came for the monastery
and the Karmapa has nothing to do with that. Monastery
functionaries were managing the affairs.?
The Karmapa Office of Administration has also expressed
gratitude towards the Indian authorities for investigating the
case thoroughly and bringing the truth to the forefront.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!