Karmapa Reception Committee, JAC welcome `clean chit`
Gangtok: The Karmapa Reception Committee and
the Joint Action Committee have expressed their gratitude
towards all devotees and lay people for coming out in support
of the XVIIth Karmapa Ogyen Trinley Dorje at a time when he
was being hounded by media speculation and allegations.
They also expressed their happiness on the ‘clean
Chit’ given to the Karmapa by the Himachal Pradesh government
on allegations relating to his being involved in benami land
deals or anything illicit in the cash recovered from the raid
on the Sidhbari monastery.
The KRC and JAC spokesperson, Thukchuk Lachungpa, while
addressing a press conference yesterday, stressed that the
faith of the people in the Karmapa had never been shaken and
now that an official clean chit had been issued by the
Himachal government, which had carried out the raids, it
offered some reason to cheer.
He stated that the conviction of the people that the
truth would eventually prevail, has come true.
We also express our gratitude towards the central and
Himachal Governments for their quick and positive decision on
the Karmapa by clearing all the clouds of doubts on him,? he
The conference was also addressed by the executive
members of JAC and KRC.
These reactions come in response to a press statement
issued by the Himachal Pradesh chief secretary, Rajwant
Sandhu, that ?there is no involvement of the Karmapa. We have
reasons to believe that some donations came for the monastery
and the Karmapa has nothing to do with that. Monastery
functionaries were managing the affairs.?
The Karmapa Office of Administration has also expressed
gratitude towards the Indian authorities for investigating the
case thoroughly and bringing the truth to the forefront.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj