Karmapa`s aide granted bail
Shimla: The Himachal Pradesh High Court
on Wednesday granted bail to Karmapa`s aide Rubgi Chosang and a
Tibetan couple, arrested in the wake of seizure of huge amount
of foreign currency from the spiritual leader`s transit home
in January this year.
However, while granting bail to them, Justice D D Sud
of the high court directed all three of them to appear in the
office of the Enforcement Directorate in Chandigarh on March
21 for investigation.
Rubgi Chosang, also known as Shakti Lama, an accountant
at the Gyuto monastery, from where the seizures of foreign
currency worth over Rs 7 crore were made, had been arrested on
January 27 on suspicion that he was involved in some "illegal"
land deal for the monastery.
Later, police had also arrested the Tibetan couple in
New Delhi in connection with the seizure of Rs 1 crore from
two people that was allegedly meant as part-payment by the
Karmapa Ogyen Trinley Dorje`s trust for the said land deal.
The couple, Karma Thapa and his wife Rinzin, had been
charged with arranging money for the monastery.
The Karmapa`s office has been saying that all the
money recovered from the monastery had been received in the
form of donations from followers all over the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest