Karna HC asks for medical status report of Telgi
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Wednesday directed the Central Jail Superintendent of Bangalore to submit by May 31 a medical status report of multi-crore fake stamp paper scam kingpin Abdul Karim Telgi, serving a jail term here.
Justice Keshav Narayan passed the orders on a bail plea by Telgi.
In his bail petition, Telgi said he has serious health problems, requiring constant medical attention and that his wife too had health problems.
Telgi further submitted that the other scam accused in Karnataka had been acquitted and that he had already served a total of nine years and six months in the state, whereas the maximum sentence stipulated is 10 years.
The court then adjourned the matter to May 31.
Telgi is involved in nine cases in Karnataka, of which he has been acquitted in four.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends