Karna HC asks for medical status report of Telgi
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Wednesday directed the Central Jail Superintendent of Bangalore to submit by May 31 a medical status report of multi-crore fake stamp paper scam kingpin Abdul Karim Telgi, serving a jail term here.
Justice Keshav Narayan passed the orders on a bail plea by Telgi.
In his bail petition, Telgi said he has serious health problems, requiring constant medical attention and that his wife too had health problems.
Telgi further submitted that the other scam accused in Karnataka had been acquitted and that he had already served a total of nine years and six months in the state, whereas the maximum sentence stipulated is 10 years.
The court then adjourned the matter to May 31.
Telgi is involved in nine cases in Karnataka, of which he has been acquitted in four.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred