Karnataka CM orders CID probe into sexual assault case
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa Monday ordered a CID inquiry into the rape charges lodged by a woman against Harathalu Halappa, who quit as the
Minister of Food and Civil Supplies following a media report on the alleged incident.
"I have decided now to order a CID inquiry. Let the truth come out. Whoever is guilty,should get punishment," he told reporters here.
The CM said the opposition was "harping" on Halappa who had resigned even before the charges against him were proved.
Congress is demanding Halappa`s arrest and a CBI probe into the charge.
Yeddyurappa accused them of trying to give a "new form" to the issue and resorting to "political revenge".
Asked if the alleged incident would hurt BJP`s prospects in the Panchayat elections slated for May 8 and 12, the CM said "people are wise and they know what is right and what is
wrong. Why was this brought out just before Panchayat elections?" he asked.
The alleged sexual assault took place in the last week of November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog