Karnataka CM orders CID probe into sexual assault case
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa Monday ordered a CID inquiry into the rape charges lodged by a woman against Harathalu Halappa, who quit as the
Minister of Food and Civil Supplies following a media report on the alleged incident.
"I have decided now to order a CID inquiry. Let the truth come out. Whoever is guilty,should get punishment," he told reporters here.
The CM said the opposition was "harping" on Halappa who had resigned even before the charges against him were proved.
Congress is demanding Halappa`s arrest and a CBI probe into the charge.
Yeddyurappa accused them of trying to give a "new form" to the issue and resorting to "political revenge".
Asked if the alleged incident would hurt BJP`s prospects in the Panchayat elections slated for May 8 and 12, the CM said "people are wise and they know what is right and what is
wrong. Why was this brought out just before Panchayat elections?" he asked.
The alleged sexual assault took place in the last week of November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?