Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah meets PM
New Delhi: Siddaramaiah, who was sworn in as Karnataka Chief Minister on May 13 on Thursday met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh here, describing it as a courtesy call.
The Prime Minister had earlier congratulated Siddaramaiah on his election as Chief Minister of Karnataka and wished him "well for the future."
"It was just a courtesy call," the Chief Minister told reporters after meeting the PM.
During his stay in the capital, Siddaramaiah is expected to hold consultations with central leadership on the composition of his Cabinet.
Shortly after his arrival here, he had made it clear that people with clean image will find place in his Cabinet to be formed in a couple of days.
He was chosen the Congress Legislature Party leader on Saturday after he upstaged party warhorse Union Minister Mallikarjun Kharge for the coveted post.
Siddaramaiah and KPCC chief G Parameshwara had led the Congress battle against BJP in the May five assembly polls, which paid rich dividends as the party riding on anti- incumbency put up an impressive show winning 121 seats, eight more than the required strength in the 224-member House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part IV
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mathura violence: Judicial probe into Jawahar Bagh incident begins
- IIFA 2016: Dramatic entry! When Shahid Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar hit the green carpet on Spanish donkeys - Pic inside
- Seven killed as car rams into minibus in Kenya's Kwale
- Hope law will be passed for construction of Ram temple by PM Narendra Modi-led government: VHP leader Pravin Togadia
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit