Karnataka crisis will end tomorrow, says Parrikar
Panaji: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Manohar Parrikar, the party`s chief interlocutor for the Karnataka crisis who has been holding discussions with dissident legislators camping at a Goa resort, has said the dispute would be resolved by Saturday.
Addressing reporters outside a five-star resort, where the 14 dissidents are staying, Parrikar also accused Janata Dal-Secular (JD-S) leader H.D. Kumaraswamy of horse-trading.
"It`s dispute within the party and it will be resolved by tomorrow," Parrikar said.
"I have met everyone, including the Independent legislators. All I am asking them is to be with the BJP as they were earlier," Parrikar said. He added that the crisis was on the wane and things were "gradually improving" between the dissidents and the party.
"H.D. Kumaraswamy is here for horse-trading. Why should we indulge in horse-trading. They are our own horses," Parrikar said.
Thursday witnessed high passions outside the Taj Exotica resort with Kumaraswamy being heckled by BJP party workers and his car blocked outside the resort hotel for many minutes.
After an aide who stepped out to confront the BJP supporters was roughed up, Kumaraswamy`s vehicle sped towards the hotel gate, running over the foot of a BJP supporter who was rushed to a local hospital.
The BJP-led Karnataka government is currently in a crisis mode after 19 of its legislators withdrew support. Fourteen of the dissenting legislators have camped in Goa.
The government has been reduced to a minority and has been asked to prove its majority on the floor of the house Oct 12. However, Chief Minister B.S. Yeddyurappa has said he would do it a day earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Jasprit Bumrah jumps to career best No. 2 spot in ICC T20I Rankings
- Water tanker scam: ACB summons Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra for questioning
- Now recharge your body and phone with KFC's 'Watt a Box' meal!- Watch
- Volkswagen to pay $10 billion in US over emissions scandal: Source
- PM Narendra Modi meets Chinese President Xi Jinping, seeks support for India's NSG bid