Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister in Assam
Guwahati: Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister R Ashoka arrived here on Saturday on a three-day goodwill mission aimed at wooing back the North-East people who had left Bangalore and some other cities following rumours of attacks on them.
The Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister, who also looks after the home portfolio, is likely to visit the northeastern state of Manipur also.
Ashoka arrived at the Lokapriya Gopinath Bordoloi International airport near Guwahati around 10.30 am and headed straight for Assam capital Dispur where he is expected to meet Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi.
Ashoka will also meet the youth and workers, who had left Bangalore fearing for their safety after riots in Assam sparked rumours of counter-attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi