Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister in Assam
Guwahati: Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister R Ashoka arrived here on Saturday on a three-day goodwill mission aimed at wooing back the North-East people who had left Bangalore and some other cities following rumours of attacks on them.
The Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister, who also looks after the home portfolio, is likely to visit the northeastern state of Manipur also.
Ashoka arrived at the Lokapriya Gopinath Bordoloi International airport near Guwahati around 10.30 am and headed straight for Assam capital Dispur where he is expected to meet Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi.
Ashoka will also meet the youth and workers, who had left Bangalore fearing for their safety after riots in Assam sparked rumours of counter-attacks.
- Mario Miranda’s 90th birthday: Google honours cartoonist with an illustrative doodle!
- Planning to go trekking? Head to Uttarakhand – Here’s something new
- Arvind Kejriwal to visit Uttar Pradesh today
- Massive post poll violence in Malda, 4 TMC workers dead; Congress attacked them with bombs?
- Indian Premier League 9: More trouble for Rising Pune Supergiants as in-form Steve Smith flies back home due to wrist injury